To add text to your spread:
1. Double click on any part of your spread to bring up the Designer View.
2. From the toolbar on the left, select the Text tool, and click on the area of the spread where you wish to add text.
3. Select type options such as font, size, style, color, or alignment in the Tool Options bar at the top:
- Font name
- Font style
- Font size
- Tracking, which determines the distance between typed characters
- Line spacing, which adjusts the spacing between lines of text
- Text alignment
- Text color
4. Type the characters you want. You can also create a new line of text by selecting Enter on your keyboard.
5. Commit to the text layer by doing one of the following:
- Press Command + Enter key on your keyboard.
- Double-click outside the text box.
- Select a different tool in the toolbar.